I love talking about collaboration almost as much as I like doing it. When people come together, one idea spawns others and before you know it, greatness erupts into the world.
The reason social media is transforming business today (and in years to come) is because it allows us to team together in ways we could never achieve in our traditional, proximity-based societies or companies. And that includes collaborating to meet customer needs.
Your customers know as much or more about the “real world” use of your products than your service reps or even product engineers might know.
Collaborating with your customers across social channels:
- Helps your reps and interested customers help other customers more effectively and at lower cost.
- Improves product development, which lowers your customer service demands which in turn also lowers your costs.
- Increases customer satisfaction.
I’ll be doing a series of posts on the topic of social customer service. And I’m especially excited by a recent project where my buddy Dr. Natalie Petouhoff and I recently teamed with Salesforce.com. We created a white paper on the ROI of social customer service programs as well as several videos.
Our materials will help people:
- Understand the framework of successful social customer programs.
- Determine the ROI of social customer service.
- Build a realistic social customer service business case.
- Stimulate discussion on the topic.
We’ll also host a 3 Tweet Ups on topics related to the business side of social customer programs. More on timing coming soon.
This is just the beginning of the discussion. Join in because by collaborating together we can do great things.
Here are great places to start:
Snackable Insights Into ROI of Social Media
Episode 1: How to Build a Business Case for Social Customer Service
Episode 2: Calculating ROI for Social Customer Service
Episode 3: How Social Customer Service Benefits the Entire Company